Friday 27 March 2015

Sweet Potato Smash


Tell me what is better than carbs and cheese? Not much in my view. Budget friendly, versatile and just damn tasty (and probably the reason why I was a few pounds heavier than I should have been during my university years). 

I happened upon this healthier little alternative by accident when searching through my cupboards for some lunch the other day. I love cooking and quick and simple, throw together type recipes are my absolute favourite. Behold the sweet potato smash...

Ingredients 

One large sweet potato (Waitrose seem to do the biggest ones)
2 small/medium eggs
A sprinkle of hard goats cheese (I'll leave the exact amount to you depending on how healthy you want to be, although remember goats cheese has a full and powerful flavour so you really don't need that much)
Seasoning to taste (I used Schwartz Italian seasoning)

Method

Preheat your own to 200 degrees and pierce your sweet potato in several places
Place your sweet potato on a foil lined baking tray and bake for 40 minutes
Score the top of your potato into a cross shape and gently squeeze the sides so the inside of the potato begins to come out
Gently mash with a fork and create a small well in the centre, keeping the fluffy insides in the skin
Crack two eggs into the centre
Sprinkle on your goats cheese and seasoning
Bake for a further 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked

Voila...a healthy, filling and tasty meal for happy tastebuds and a smiley waist line. This went down very well on my Instagram feed, so please do let me know what you think if you give it a go! 

Happy Friday

Holly

x

No comments:

Post a Comment