Sunday 15 March 2015

Get To Know Me Tag

I've been reading blogs for about 4 years now and I feel like I know some bloggers very well just by reading their posts. As much as a blog gives away someones interests and personality, its always the little things you learn that help you really get to know a person. I've decided to do the 'Get To Know Me' tag to share a few little extra pieces of me.

1. Are you named after anyone? Nope, my Dad wouldn't agree to Paloma or Scarlett so Holly it was!

2. When was the last time you cried? I'm not really sure, you'd think that this is because it was a long time a go but it probably wasn't. I'm not one for crying after a few too many gins (though I can't lie, it has happened) or in public. However I am an emotional person so I do in a sense get upset easily. Things that normally upset me are the injustices in the world and seeing people suffer. In my line of work I'm more likely to see these things and that can be upsetting, I feel its made me stronger over the last 18 months however. I have also been known to cry over a particularly emotional episode of Eastenders. A long answer for a short question, the short answer...my brain is telling me the last time I cried was over a song that provoked a memory.  

3. Do you have kids? No, not quite ready for that yet!

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I think so, I am a chameleon friend in the sense that depending on who I'm with and my environment can bring out different colours of my personality so I think I could be friends with me.

5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? More so when I'm work but not as a general rule.

6. Will you ever bungee-jump? I know its really boring, but theres not much that I'd want to do less than throw myself off something!

7. What’s your favorite cereal? I eat most cereals except Frosties or Weetabix, but lets all be honest cereal is not the most riveting of breakfasts, but about 4 years a go I tried M&S cereal with the Belgian milk and white chocolate curls. It was so good that I never ate it again as I could probably eat chocolate for breakfast every day but I don't want to tempt myself as I like to be healthy and save the naughtiness for real treats. Alas, a love that will never be. 

8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their clothes I think, I know it sounds a bit superficial but I really think you can tell a lot about a person by what they're wearing.

9. What is your eye colour? I was once told 'sludge', I prefer a mix of green and hazel

10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings every time and I'm not ashamed to say it.

11. Favorite smells? Clean Cotton Yankee candle, Christmas trees and 'Miami Glow' by J Lo as it reminds me of holidays...a mix of suncream, sea, warm air.

12. Summer or winter? This is a toughy, I love the feeling that summer brings. Everyone is in a good mood and its much easier to dress in the summer. I also love winter though, snuggling up on the sofa, eating comfort food and Christmas of course. I think I'm going to perch on the fence here.

13. Computer or television? Computer, I'm not a huge TV watcher and I can watch telly on the computer anyway

14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? Either India, Thailand/Vietnam or America

15. Do you have any special talents? Most people don't believe me when I tell them I can tap dance to quite an advanced level. I'm not too shabby at running I suppose, I'm no Paula Radcliffe but I did manage to run the London Marathon last year in under 5 hours which I'm very proud of.

16. Where were you born? Stevenage, England

17. What are your hobbies? Running, Pilates, yoga, reading, fashion, cooking, travel and eating out

18. Do you have any pets? No, but I grew up having dogs and love snuggling up to my Mum's little Jack Russell. I'd also love to have guinea piggles!

19. Favourite movie? I'm not a huge film watcher but I'm a sucker for chick flicks, other than that Chocolat always warms my heart.

20. Do you have any siblings? Nope, I'm an only child. People ask me if it was sad or lonely not having any brothers and sisters. To that I say no, it rocked and still does.

21. What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm already pretty grown up but I feel very privileged to say that I love my job and my life and I'd like that to always be the case.

I hope you've enjoyed getting to know a little more about me, if you've done this tag recently please link your post below. I'd love to get to know you too.

Holly


x

No comments:

Post a Comment