Wednesday 1 March 2017

March Goals

I was inspired to write this post by Essbeevee's Sarah's Instagram post this morning about making some March goals.

I have quite a few goals this year, some I've started and are ongoing and some I'm yet to start. Looking at them on paper, its quite an overwhelming overview of things I want to achieve this year. So inspired by Sarah I have decided to break them down month by month starting today (how is it already 1st March?!)

I've broken them down into personal and work and have limited them to 3 each to keep them SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound, those who work in care will know what I'm on about here ;) I'm only going to list my personal ones here though, because lets face it they're more interesting and no one wants to hear about my paperwork woes.

Personal

  • Listen to one new band - I used to be so in to music in my early twenties and LOVED going to see live music. Its not that I've lost my love for it, but the older I've got and the more 'adulting' I've had to do and some of my interests changing and growing the more its taken a back seat. Plus also, now I've hit 30 its time to admit that I now purchase seated tickets over standing (comfort all the way folks). However, last weekend I went to see Me First and the Gimme Gimmes which is a band my boyfriend likes. I was feeling a bit non plussed by the whole thing at first, however since they are a covers band and I fancied a bit of a dance I switched my seated ticket to standing ticket and ended up being right at the front with my boyfriend's friend. As much as I didn't enjoy being dragged into circle pits and being squashed I forgot how much fun gigs can be. I'm making it my mission this monthly to properly listen to one new band I've never heard of before.
  • Stick to my triathlon training plan - at the end of January I joined a new gym. I'm a runner and love to be outdoors, however I need to get to grips with cycling and swimming more as I'm doing my first sprint triathlon in July (eek) so I joined a gym. The first 3 weeks were great and I was kicking my training plans ass, the last couple of weeks...I've had to be a bit flexible with my working hours so my ass has been getting kicked rather than the other way round. I've also not been getting enough sleep so getting up to go in the morning has, well, sometimes not happened. This month, that will change. 
  • Sort out the spare room - I know, *yawn*. We're planning on (fingers crossed) buying a house next year so I'm prepping way in advance by slowly but surely having a good sort out and getting rid of stuff. I know that we will be exchanging our 2 bedroom cottage in town for a tiny 1 bed flat on the outskirts so things need to go to avoid sharing a bed with a shelving units. I'm also trying to make the upstairs spaces a lot nicer, staring with the spare room.
So there we go, a little bit of accountability. I'm hoping that breaking down my goals into bite size chunks will help, I'll let you know how I get on. 

Happy March everyone, do you have any goals for this month? 

Love from

Holly

x

No comments:

Post a Comment