Tuesday 27 January 2015

Non Running...Project Life

This is a very different post for me and 100% nothing to do with running or fitness in general.

One of my other passions besides running and fitness is photography. Now I wouldn't call myself a 'photographer' but I know my way round a basic DSLR and I love to capture moments when I'm out and about with my iPhone. Despite moans from friends, family and my boyfriend when I want to take yet another photo, years down the line I know everyone loves to look back and this is why its so important to me to document my life. The downside of the wonders of today's technology, is the lack of physical documentation. For literally years I have intended to print out my best and most special photos and put them into albums, however life (and sometimes running) has always got in the way of this. Also, theres now so many photos to print the time and cost involved is a bit overwhelming.

I first discovered Project Life when I was watching Sprinkle of Glitter's YouTube video about it. It seemed like a really easy yet fun and creative way to put all my photos and other bits and bobs such as concert tickets & important receipts etc so I decided to do a bit more investigating.

I watched many many YouTube videos on Project Life but this one by Lily Pebbles and this one by One Busy Mommy as well as a bit of a peek on Pintrest really convinced me to give it a go. 

Its really simple as you use pocket inserts which reduces the time of sticking and gluing and theres lots of super cute pre printed cards you can buy to write captions and comments or just create a bit more interest. If like me you can't resist the treasure trove that is Hobbycraft then theres also scope to be a bit more creative with your album.

I'm really looking forward to physically documenting my year during 2015 and I've done a little YouTube video to document (favourite word at the moment apparently) starting my Project Life so feel free to give it a watch.



Let me know if you do Project Life or if you're thinking about starting one...

Happy Crafting (or running if crafting not your thing)

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment