Sunday 23 February 2014

The Kindness of Strangers

Just a quick one tonight, but I felt really compelled to write a blog post on tonight's #ukrunchat hour!

For those who aren't aware, #ukrunchat is a hashtag on Twitter for runners to chat about all things running and is run by @UKRunchat. You can ask people questions under the hashtag (and always get replies) and reply to others if you have any advice. Everyone is incredibly friendly and it's literally for everyone. There are people aiming for their first 5k to people doing their umpteenth marathon, it doesn't matter because everyone chats to everyone else.

Tonight was the first time I actively took part in the #ukrunchat hour and I loved every minute of it. I got some questions answered, gave some advice, made some new Twitter friends and got some donations for my target for Leonard Cheshire Disability. One of my new Twitter buddies suggested that people donate £1 to someone random's fundraising target and I managed to get myself a fiver in donations (don't worry I reciprocated). The whole ethos, energy and kindness of everyone has really made me smile. I've got so many great tweets to read if I'm ever having a 'I hate running' moment and lovely people to chat to. It's made me really excited for my training week ahead!

So if you're a runner I'd really urge you to give the #ukrunchat hour a go, it's every Sunday and Wednesday between 8pm and 9pm. My Twitter handle is @OhHollyGosh and I'd be happy to chat anytime! 

Keep running (and tweeting)

Holly

x

P.S If you feel like donating a pound or two then you can do so at http://www.justgiving.com/hollysrunningthelondonmarathon2014 or text HFLC99 £1 to 70070

No comments:

Post a Comment