Friday 10 January 2014

Jantastic Week 1

So January is now in full swing...

As I mentioned in my last post I'm taking part in Jantastic (#jantastic for fellow Twitter and Instagram lovers) and my target for January is 4 runs per week, which I'm happy to say I have now completed. As the week was progressing I thought I might have underestimated myself by putting 4 runs a week, however after doing a 6.5 miler last night I managed to acquire myself a bit of a twinge in my right calf muscle which I've decided to rest. I'm also doing a heck of a lot of overtime this weekend so 4 runs has been on the money for this week. 

Although this week saw the official start of my marathon training it still doesn't feel like it. I've struggled to find a training plan that fits in with my lifestyle as they all seem to assume a 9 to 5 job (Sunday ain't a day of rest for us all y'know), but I like the look of the Nike+ coach so I'm giving that a try from Monday. Plans scare me a little as I'm not a big planning person. It makes me feel like I have less control over my running and my life if I'm sticking to someone else's plan, I also know from my job that one plan definitely does not suit all. However I know it's a necessary evil so I'm going to give Nike+ a chance. 

Scary official marathon training realisations aside I've really enjoyed my running this week as well as going back to normal eating after Christmas (even if it has meant divorcing myself from cheese for a while). I really love how I feel within myself with the combination of running and healthy eating. I can already feel the Christmas bloat disappearing, the pounds starting to come off and my muscles starting to tone. I'm still really struggling to get out of bed for those early runs before my late shifts though. Any advice on food/drink/routines that help you wake up of a morning would be greatly appriciated. Until then I shall keep parking my phone at the other side of my room so I have to get up and turn the alarm off. 

I hope everyone who has set themselves a running goal for 2014, even if it's not Jantastic has got off to a great start...and to those who have just taken up running WELCOME! Push through that pain barrier and you'll never look back I promise.

Keep being Jantastic...(sorry)!

Holly

x

No comments:

Post a Comment